Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Orleans Bounty


Saturday mornings we enjoy shopping at the Orleans Farmers Market. I was particularly excited about discovering ground cherries in August, 2007. I found them again in 2008, but in 2009 our Cape vacation occurred in July. I assume they were not yet in season as their cousins, tomatoes, were not ready yet either. By August, the market has everything from lobsters to corn, herbs to baked goods. Shop early!

Interested in finding some of the best in Orleans this year in July, I took the advice of our Wellfleet "landlord" and shopped for fish at the Nauset Fish and Lobster Pool and discovered the Cottage Street Bakery off Rt. 28 across from the Christmas store.

Richard Russo has a new book out, That Old Cape Magic, which is set, yes, on Cape Cod. A good read,  I'll add it to the collection on the bookshelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment